PT Pindad Indonesia to produce fireworks20th November 2014Indonesia state-owned PT Pindad (Persero) plans to expand its business from solely military products to manufacturing large-scale fireworks, due to the lucrative business in selling fireworks. "The fireworks business is ...
EU to strengthen trade relations with Indonesia19th November 2014The European Union (EU) is set to deepen trade relations with Indonesia. The two regions have complementary economies, which will help to ensure a "win-win" situation for both. "Deepening trade relations with the EU will ...
Hurdles still block Indonesia`s financial market: Economists19th November 2014Many hurdles will still block Indonesian financial market weakening rupiah against the US dollar in 2015, an economist predicted. Alexander Eric Sugandi, an economist of Standard Chartered Bank Indonesia said one of the ...
Fiscal room to be wider in 2015: Finance minister19th November 2014Finance minister Bambang Brodjonegoro said fiscal room in 2015 would be wider because the government would boost tax income and conduct saving. "We will not stay idle and rely solely upon subsidy reallocation but also seek ...
Finance minister optimistic 5.8 percent growth achievable18th November 2014Finance Minister Bambang Brodjonegoro said the country can achieve the 5.8 percent growth target set in the 2015 budget if a number of infrastructure development plans are realized. "We can still achieve the 5.8 percent ...
BI predicts 2014 inflation at 7.7 to 8.1 percent18th November 2014Bank Indonesia (BI) has predicted that the 2014 inflation rate will increase to 7.7 to 8.1 percent, which is higher than the government-set target of 7.3 percent. "The subsidized fuel price hike will contribute around 2.4 ...
Indonesian govt must divert fuel subsidy transparently: Analyst18th November 2014The decision to hike the prices of subsidized fuels can win public support if the government promises to divert the funds to productive sectors transparently, political analyst Komaruddin Hidayat said. "The process (of ...
Bank Indonesia increases BI rate to offset fuel price hike18th November 2014Reacting to the subsidized fuel price hike, Bank Indonesia decided Tuesday to increase the BI Rate by 25 bps to 7.75 percent after it remained stable at 7.5 percent for 13 months in a row. The decision was taken by the ...
Subsidized fuel price hike will revive economic condition: Indonesian chamber18th November 2014The Chairman of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin), Suryo Bambang Sulisto, said that the organization supports the governments policy to raise the cost of subsidized fuels. He added that this fuel ...
Indonesian govt considered global oil prices to set subsidized fuel prices18th November 2014The government considered the US dollar exchange rate and international oil prices before increasing the prices of subsidized fuels by Rp1,000 a liter, Finance Minister Bambang Soemantri Brodjonegoro said. "We looked at the ...
- Indonesia should not import rice: Jusuf Kalla 987 views
- Central bank and OJK need to convince the market 753 views
- Govt allocates Rp1 trillion to buy generators for border areas 626 views
- Govt to introduce fixed fuel subsidy 616 views
- Jakarta composite index shoots up 1.54 percent 581 views
- Govt optimistic about achieving 7 percent economic growth in 2017 523 views
- Indonesia should not import rice: Jusuf Kalla 18th December 2014
- Govt optimistic about achieving 7 percent economic growth in 2017 18th December 2014
- Govt allocates Rp1 trillion to buy generators for border areas 18th December 2014
- Central bank and OJK need to convince the market 18th December 2014
- Govt to introduce fixed fuel subsidy 18th December 2014
- Jakarta composite index shoots up 1.54 percent 18th December 2014
- Government optimistic about Indonesian economy in 2015 17th December 2014
- Indonesia`s foreign debts up 10.7 percent to US$294.5 b 17th December 2014