S. Sulawesi public educated about renewable energy utilization15th October 2014The South Sulawesi Energy and Mineral Resources Office (ESDM) has taken all efforts to educate the local community on the utilization of renewable energy during the Sulsel Fair on October 10-19, 2014, noted an official. ...
Medan covered by haze since Sunday morning12th October 2014Medan, the capital of North Sumatra province, has been covered by haze since early Sunday morning although it was not thick enough to disrupt public activities.The head of data and information section of the regional office of ...
Riau air quality "unhealthy" as haze obscures skies12th October 2014The air quality around Riau Province reached a "very unhealthy" level on Sunday as haze from forest fires covered its surrounding. Head of Data and Information Center of the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) Sutopo ...
353 hotspots of forest fires detected in Sumatra8th October 2014Some 353 hotspots of forest and plantation fires were detected across Sumatra Island on Wednesday. "Based on the data received from the Terra and Aqua satellites in Sumatra this morning, 353 hotspots were detected, with the ...
C. Kalimantan police arrest 95 forest and plantation fire setters6th October 2014The Central Kalimantan police have detained and named 95 people as suspects for setting fires in forest and plantation areas between January and October 3, 2014. They will be charged under the Criminal Law Procedures Code ...
Holes dug to cope with threat of flooding30th September 2014The Living Environment Board (BLH) of the regency of Barito Utara, Central Kalimantan plans to dig 120 holes to cope with the threat of possible flooding when rainy season comes.The holes called bio pore holes would be dug in ...
Rapid mangrove loss results in hefty economic losses: UN report30th September 2014Mangroves are being destroyed three to five times faster than the average rate of forests loss, causing emissions which cost billions of dollars annually, according to a new report launched by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) ...
Indonesia-US committed to overcome illegal fishing practices: Minister25th September 2014The government of the Republic of Indonesia and the United States of America are committed to overcome the illegal fishing practices in Indonesian waters, Maritime and Fisheries Affairs Minister Sharif Cicip Sutardjo said here ...
UNDP lauds Indonesia`s REDD+ efforts25th September 2014The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has appreciated Indonesias REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation) efforts in maintaining the condition of its forests. "UNDP commends the Government ...
Need better interstate cooperation to fight climate problems: Yudhoyono25th September 2014Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono emphasized the importance of enhancing the cooperation between countries to tackle the global climate problems. "We must double our efforts to cooperate with countries to ...
- President to review licenses of companies converting peatlands 714 views
- Household wastes pollute 70 percent of Indonesian rivers 697 views
- Indonesian youngster receives ASEAN champions of biodiversity award 671 views
- Jakarta administration to involve military in Ciliwung River bank`s restoration 370 views
- One ton calliandra seeds dispersed over Mt. Kelud for reforestation 274 views
- Jakarta administration to involve military in Ciliwung River bank`s restoration 9 hours ago
- One ton calliandra seeds dispersed over Mt. Kelud for reforestation 10 hours ago
- Household wastes pollute 70 percent of Indonesian rivers 27th November 2014
- President to review licenses of companies converting peatlands 27th November 2014
- Indonesian youngster receives ASEAN champions of biodiversity award 27th November 2014
- Indonesia finalizes forest reference emission levels 24th November 2014
- Yudhoyono receives award from UNEP 22nd November 2014
- President Jokowi to visit Riau to assess forest fire situation 21st November 2014