Millions of hectares of forest in Indonesia damaged11th September 2014The National Environment Association reported that at least 57 million hectares of forest in Indonesia up to 2013 have been damaged due to various deforestation activities of the people. "If the government does not pay ...
Bio-pore inventor not to patent technology design4th September 2014The inventor of the bio-pore infiltration hole technology from the Agricultural Institute of Bogor (IPB) Kamir R. Brata assured that he will not patent his design."So, everyone has the right to make and use this special tool. ...
Aceh custom council launches Sharia-based management forest book25th August 2014Aceh Custom Council (MAA) is launching a forest management handbook based on sharia and customary law compiled by Acehs traditional and public figures to support sustainable forest management in Sumatra. "The book describes ...
Raja Ampat forms public supervision group to conserve coral reefs25th August 2014The Raja Ampat district administration has set up a public supervision group to protect and conserve its coral reefs. "Local fishermen, who used to conduct destructive fishing practices, have been persuaded to help protect ...
Two Belgian nuclear reactors may be closed permanently - state media20th August 2014Two Belgian nuclear reactors owned by GDF-Suez unit Electrabel may remain offline until spring and may need to be halted permanently, Belgian state broadcaster VRT reported on Tuesday. The Belgian nuclear regulator ordered ...
Indonesia expects US support in monitoring maritime resources11th August 2014Through the Ministry of Marine and Fisheries (KKP), Indonesia is looking forward to the support of the United States Government in monitoring illegal fishing practices in Indonesian waters. "Indonesia is expecting US ...
C. Kalimantan conducts artificial rain to anticipate forest fires11th August 2014The Disaster Mitigation Office in Central Kalimantan is conducting artificial rain in areas vulnerable to forest fires. About 12.8 thousand kilograms of salt have been spread above areas with high risk of fires in Central ...
Riau`s two million hectares of oil palm plantation illegal: Minister6th August 2014Minister of Forestry Zulkifli Hasan has urged the Riau Province Administration not to issue additional permit for oil palm plantation, as two million hectares of the plantation is illegal or has no permit. Minister ...
Minister: forest fire in Riau happens on massive scale6th August 2014Forestry Minister Zulkifli Hasan reported that perpetrators had started forest and land fires in Riau provincial districts and cities on a massive scale. "I strongly condemn the perpetrators of the (forest and land ...
Indonesian hotspots still need prompt response30th July 2014Indonesian forest fires in Kalimantan and Sumatra, particularly in Riau Province, where fires have burnt 25 thousand hectares of forest and land this year, still require speedy actions. As forest fires are increasing in ...
- President to review licenses of companies converting peatlands 690 views
- Household wastes pollute 70 percent of Indonesian rivers 678 views
- Indonesian youngster receives ASEAN champions of biodiversity award 647 views
- Jakarta administration to involve military in Ciliwung River bank`s restoration 269 views
- One ton calliandra seeds dispersed over Mt. Kelud for reforestation 200 views
- Jakarta administration to involve military in Ciliwung River bank`s restoration 1 hour ago
- One ton calliandra seeds dispersed over Mt. Kelud for reforestation 1 hour ago
- Household wastes pollute 70 percent of Indonesian rivers 27th November 2014
- President to review licenses of companies converting peatlands 27th November 2014
- Indonesian youngster receives ASEAN champions of biodiversity award 27th November 2014
- Indonesia finalizes forest reference emission levels 24th November 2014
- Yudhoyono receives award from UNEP 22nd November 2014
- President Jokowi to visit Riau to assess forest fire situation 21st November 2014