Abbas welcomes Egypt`s ceasefire initiative between Israel, Palestinian factions15th July 2014Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas welcomed late on Monday (July 14) the Egyptian ceasefire initiative to end a bloody week of cross-border violence between Israel and the Palestinian factions. Abbas appreciated the ...
Arab League denounces Israeli `war crimes` in meeting on Gaza15th July 2014Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi accused Israel on Monday of war crimes, as Egypt asked Arab foreign ministers at a meeting in Cairo to support its initiative to end week-long fighting in Gaza. The Arab ministers in Cairo ...
Gaza says 100 killed so far in Israeli air strikes11th July 2014Two Palestinians were killed in an Israel airstrike in central Gaza Strip refugee camp on Friday, raising the death toll to 100, the medics and witnesses said. Ashraf al-Qedra, spokesman of the health ministry in Gaza said ...
Israeli strikes on Palestinian homes could breach laws of war: UN11th July 2014Israel could be violating the laws of war by bombing Palestinian homes in Gaza, the UNs human rights office said Friday, as the death toll from the Israeli strikes rose to 100. "We have received disturbing reports that many ...
UN reduces Libya staffing over security concerns11th July 2014The United Nations Support Mission in Libya said it was temporarily reducing its staffing by the dozens because of unspecified security concerns. In making the announcement, UNSMIL spokesman Samir Ghattas said the decision ...
Putin urges Israel to stop armed violence11th July 2014Russian President Vladimir Putin urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to stop the armed violence in southern regions and the Gaza Strip as soon as possible. "Russia stressed the need for a swift end to the armed ...
Russia likely to prolong asylum for fugitive Snowden: Interfax11th July 2014Russia will most probably extend former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowdens temporary asylum on the grounds that "his life is endangered", an official close to the countrys Federal Migration Service (FMS) was ...
UN to help Lebanon cope with Syrian refugee crisis11th July 2014The UN and the international community are focusing on projects that could help the Lebanese to cope with the current Syrian refugee crisis, a senior UN official said on Thursday. According to a UN statement, the UN ...
Hillary Clinton says political dynasties are no problem in US9th July 2014Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton has defended the prominent role of political dynasties in American politics, saying the United States is "not a monarchy." Asked by German magazine Der Spiegel whether a possible ...
Pope to hold first meeting with sexual abuse victims7th July 2014Pope Francis holds his first meeting with victims of sexual abuse by priests on Monday, an encounter that some say should have happened long ago, and victims from his native Argentina say they are pained over their exclusion. ...
- Uighur group says nearly 100 casualties in China clash 725 views
- Chemical accident in Dusseldorf subway station 716 views
- S. Korean `Choco Pie` balloons launched into North 667 views
- Qatar condemns random bombardment of Gaza 576 views
- Israel mobilises 16,000 more reservists: Spokesperson 508 views
- Hamas accepts 72-hour ceasefire in Gaza 310 views
- Hamas accepts 72-hour ceasefire in Gaza 4 hours ago
- Israel mobilises 16,000 more reservists: Spokesperson yesterday 16:17
- Qatar condemns random bombardment of Gaza yesterday 16:08
- Chemical accident in Dusseldorf subway station yesterday 22:56
- Uighur group says nearly 100 casualties in China clash yesterday 20:30
- S. Korean `Choco Pie` balloons launched into North yesterday 16:22
- US calls on Iran to free American reporter yesterday 07:58
- Philippine population reaches 100 million on Sunday yesterday 13:09