Chemical accident in Dusseldorf subway station30th July 2014Unknown chemicals were released in a subway station in the western German city of Dusseldorf on Wednesday, German local media reported. The underground station Heinrich-Heine-Allee has been evacuated and closed. ...
Uighur group says nearly 100 casualties in China clash30th July 2014A clash in Xinjiang, home to Chinas mostly Muslim Uighur minority, left nearly 100 people dead or wounded, an exile group said Wednesday after what authorities called a "terror attack" on a police station and township. ...
S. Korean `Choco Pie` balloons launched into North30th July 2014South Korean activists on Wednesday launched balloons across the border with North Korea carrying thousands of Choco Pies -- a favoured chocolate snack that has become the target of a reported crackdown. Around 200 ...
US calls on Iran to free American reporter29th July 2014The United States on Monday called on Iran to release a Washington Post reporter, his wife and two freelancers arrested in Tehran last week. Tehrans chief justice Gholamhossein Esmaili on Friday confirmed the arrest of ...
Philippine population reaches 100 million on Sunday27th July 2014Population of the Philippines reached 100 million as of Sunday, according to the countrys population officials. The figure was based on population projections by the Philippine Statistics Authority, which says three babies ...
Breathe deeply, it is safe to go on a plane, travellers told26th July 2014After three major air disasters in one week, with planes coming down in Ukraine, Taiwan and then Mali without a single survivor, passengers can be forgiven for feeling a little pang of panic boarding their flights. Waiting ...
Rouhani: Gaza events teach us to be united26th July 2014President Hassan Rouhani told a group of Iranian artists who visited him Friday evening that Gaza events teach us to be united. The president appreciated glorious participation of people on Quds Day rallies. He ...
Cameroon sends 14 Boko Haram members to prison26th July 2014A military court in Cameroon has handed down prison sentences of up to 20 years to 14 Boko Haram members, the countrys state broadcaster Crtv reported Friday (July 25). The defendants, who were arrested in March after the ...
Afghans making preparations to celebrate Eidul-Fatar amid security concerns26th July 2014Amid security concerns, devout Afghan Muslims are now busy shopping and making preparations to celebrate the upcoming Eidul Fatar, the end of the fasting month of Ramadan, the second biggest religious festival among Muslims all ...
Gaza toll exceeds 850 as conflict rages on: Medics26th July 2014Israeli fire on Gaza killed a pregnant woman and a senior Islamic Jihad figure Friday (July 25) , as the Palestinian death toll from 18 days of violence exceeded 850, emergency services said. Surgeons saved the life of the ...
- Haze returns to Singapore 803 views
- IS militants can`t be defeated by air strikes: Iran FM 765 views
- Air strikes not enough to destroy Islamic state: US general 713 views
- Scots start voting in independence referendum 630 views
- Scotland rejects independence in historic referendum 380 views
- British media hails Scottish referendum results 214 views
- British media hails Scottish referendum results 2 hours ago
- Scotland rejects independence in historic referendum 6 hours ago
- Haze returns to Singapore 18th September 2014
- Scots start voting in independence referendum 18th September 2014
- IS militants can`t be defeated by air strikes: Iran FM 18th September 2014
- Air strikes not enough to destroy Islamic state: US general 18th September 2014
- US to deploy 3,000 troops for boosted anti-Ebola campaign: White House 17th September 2014
- Russia to deploy reinforcements to Crimea area: Minister 17th September 2014