Gaza says 100 killed so far in Israeli air strikes11th July 2014Two Palestinians were killed in an Israel airstrike in central Gaza Strip refugee camp on Friday, raising the death toll to 100, the medics and witnesses said. Ashraf al-Qedra, spokesman of the health ministry in Gaza said ...
Israeli strikes on Palestinian homes could breach laws of war: UN11th July 2014Israel could be violating the laws of war by bombing Palestinian homes in Gaza, the UNs human rights office said Friday, as the death toll from the Israeli strikes rose to 100. "We have received disturbing reports that many ...
UN reduces Libya staffing over security concerns11th July 2014The United Nations Support Mission in Libya said it was temporarily reducing its staffing by the dozens because of unspecified security concerns. In making the announcement, UNSMIL spokesman Samir Ghattas said the decision ...
Putin urges Israel to stop armed violence11th July 2014Russian President Vladimir Putin urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to stop the armed violence in southern regions and the Gaza Strip as soon as possible. "Russia stressed the need for a swift end to the armed ...
Russia likely to prolong asylum for fugitive Snowden: Interfax11th July 2014Russia will most probably extend former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowdens temporary asylum on the grounds that "his life is endangered", an official close to the countrys Federal Migration Service (FMS) was ...
UN to help Lebanon cope with Syrian refugee crisis11th July 2014The UN and the international community are focusing on projects that could help the Lebanese to cope with the current Syrian refugee crisis, a senior UN official said on Thursday. According to a UN statement, the UN ...
Hillary Clinton says political dynasties are no problem in US9th July 2014Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton has defended the prominent role of political dynasties in American politics, saying the United States is "not a monarchy." Asked by German magazine Der Spiegel whether a possible ...
Pope to hold first meeting with sexual abuse victims7th July 2014Pope Francis holds his first meeting with victims of sexual abuse by priests on Monday, an encounter that some say should have happened long ago, and victims from his native Argentina say they are pained over their exclusion. ...
Iran, Canada to produce animation6th July 2014Iranian and Canadian artists are collaborating on a project to produce an animation serial for children. Sunday edition of the English language newspaper Iran Daily wrote that titled Joy Village, the series will be produced ...
Japan to lift some sanctions on North Korea: PM Abe3rd July 2014Japan will revoke some of its unilateral sanctions on North Korea, the prime minister announced Thursday, after talks on the Cold War kidnapping of Japanese nationals. Shinzo Abe said Tokyo judged Pyongyang, which pledged to ...
- New Zealand minister quits as email leaks rock election campaign 1.743 views
- Ban Ki-moon hopes ceasefire opens path for peace in Gaza 1.030 views
- UN chief praises Indonesia for its contribution to peacekeeping mission 1.013 views
- Russia closes 12 McDonald`s branches, inspects 100 791 views
- EU ready to impose new sanctions on Russia within one week 567 views
- US military conducts more airtrikes against Islamic State targets 411 views
- EU ready to impose new sanctions on Russia within one week 5 hours ago
- US military conducts more airtrikes against Islamic State targets 6 hours ago
- New Zealand minister quits as email leaks rock election campaign 30th August 2014
- Russia closes 12 McDonald`s branches, inspects 100 30th August 2014
- Ban Ki-moon hopes ceasefire opens path for peace in Gaza 29th August 2014
- UN chief praises Indonesia for its contribution to peacekeeping mission 29th August 2014
- Yudhoyono calls on UN members to fight extremism and injustice 29th August 2014
- Global Media Forum adopts Bali Road Map for press freedom 28th August 2014