DPR lauds Law, Human Rights Ministry`s decision on Golkar conflict16th December 2014The House of Representatives (DPR) Deputy Speaker Fadli Zon praised the Law and Human Rights Ministrys decision on the internal conflict of the Golkar Party, urging the partys internal mechanism to handle it. "If the Law ...
Four cars and 14 motorcycles found in Banjarnegara landslides16th December 2014Rescue workers have found four cars and 14 motorcycles from under piles of earth in the wake of landslide that killed at least 64 people with more than 40 missing feared dead in Banjarnegara, Central Java. The landslides ...
Indonesian govt not to legitimize Golkar`s leaderships16th December 2014The Indonesian government has decided not to legitimize the Golkar Partys dual leaderships selected by two rival factions."After considering all aspects, including judicial, facts, and documents submitted, we have reached the ...
Golkar`s Bakrie faction to sue justice minister16th December 2014General Treasurer of the Golkar Bambang Soesatyo has said the partys leadership formed at the Bali Congress will sue the justice and human rights ministry for ambivalently dealing with the partys dual leadership issue. "We ...
People now reluctant to join transmigration programs: Kalla15th December 2014It is not easy to ask people to transmigrate now because there are many jobs available in Java, Vice President Jusuf Kalla said. This, he added, was leading to decreasing availability of land in the region. "Now, it ...
40.9 million people are at risk of landslides:Agency15th December 2014As many as 40.9 million people, which is 17.2 percent of the population of Indonesia, are in danger of landslides, a spokesman for the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB), Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, said. "Some 40.9 ...
Death toll in Banjarnegara landslide increases to 51 on Monday15th December 2014The death toll of the landslide that hit Jemblung hamlet in Central Javas Banjarnegara district rose to 51 on Monday afternoon, according to the National Disaster Mitigation Board (BNPB). "Search is on for 57 more missing ...
The Jakarta Post chief's lawyer requests postponement of interrogation15th December 2014The team of lawyers of The Jakarta Post's Chief Editor Meidyatama Suryodiningrat requested on Monday to postpone the interrogation of their client who has been named suspect in a blasphemy case. "Lawyer Todung Mulya Lubis ...
Government to have more patrol boats: President15th December 2014President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has said the government will buy more patrol boats in 2015 to protect its territorial waters from foreign illegal fishing vessels. "I have instructed the finance minister to provide as many ...
Kalimantan requires 1.2 thousand megawatts additional power: minister15th December 2014Kalimantan needs two or three new power stations with a combined capacity of 1.2 thousand megawatts (MW) to meet the electricity demands of households and industries, a minister noted. "We need to build at least four ...
- Survey: 84 percent Indonesians want direct elections 1.041 views
- Sebatik island`s fishermen need cold storage facility 657 views
- Rescue team finds 17 Indonesian victims of sunken Oryong 501 588 views
- TNI to built 17 additional border posts in Kalimantan 481 views
- Jusuf Kalla reelected as PMI chief 381 views
- President Jokowi receives ANTARA Achievement Award 337 views
- Former secretary general of energy ministry in KPK custody 308 views
- Press should give constructive criticism: President 277 views
- Former secretary general of energy ministry in KPK custody 2 hours ago
- Press should give constructive criticism: President 2 hours ago
- President Jokowi receives ANTARA Achievement Award 5 hours ago
- Rescue team finds 17 Indonesian victims of sunken Oryong 501 7 hours ago
- Jusuf Kalla reelected as PMI chief 7 hours ago
- TNI to built 17 additional border posts in Kalimantan 11 hours ago
- Survey: 84 percent Indonesians want direct elections 17th December 2014
- Sebatik island`s fishermen need cold storage facility 17th December 2014