South Sumatra declares emergency haze alert19th September 2014Haze that blanketed South Sumatra during the past few days has prompted local authorities to place the province under an emergency alert status. The decision to declare the emergency was taken at a coordination meeting ...
PAN remains part of Red-and-White coaltion19th September 2014The National Mandate Party (PAN) has reiterated its commitment to remain part of the Red-and-White coalition, although some of its cadres attended a meeting of the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDIP) in Semarang on ...
Police order investigation into forest fires19th September 2014The Indonesian Police have instructed the regional police throughout the country to investigate the forest fires occurring in their respective regions. "We have instructed the provincial and resort police to investigate the ...
Yudhoyono to meet Portuguese president, prime minister19th September 2014President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is scheduled to hold meetings with Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva and Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho here on Friday. On Friday morning, Yudhoyono is to pay homage to Mosteiro ...
Indonesia asks China to accept three commodities19th September 2014The Indonesian government has again asked China to again accept mangosteen, palm kernel cake and bird nest, three of its commodities the Chinese had banned so far. Indonesias Minister of Agriculture Suswono personally made ...
MUI demands drop of judicial review of interfaith marriage law18th September 2014The Indonesia Council of Ulemas (MUI) has asked the countrys Constitutional Court (MK) to drop the case of judicial review on inter-religious marriages as it would benefit no one. "We have already held a meeting with ...
JK assures integrity of ministers in next cabinet18th September 2014Vice president-elect Jusuf Kalla (JK), on Thursday, gave an assurance on the integrity of persons to be chosen as ministers in the next cabinet. "We can assure you their performance will be good," he said when attending ...
Agency deploys nine choppers to fight forest fires18th September 2014The National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) has deployed nine helicopters in several provinces to conduct water bombing as part of its efforts to prevent the spread of forest and bush fires during this dry spell. "The ...
Religious affairs ministry will not change name: Kalla18th September 2014The name of the Ministry of Religious Affairs will not be changed to the Ministry of Endowment, Hajj and Alms Affairs, Vice-President-elect Jusuf Kalla said on Thursday. "The name will not be changed. It will remain the ...
President Yudhoyono departs for Portugal18th September 2014President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono accompanied by First Lady Ani Yudhoyono and his entourage departed from Halim Perdanakusuma Airport at 8 a.m. local time, on Thursday, for Portugal en route for the United States and Japan. ...
- PDIP congratulates Prabowo as Gerindra Party chairman 734 views
- Prabowo elected Gerindra Party chairman 656 views
- Material losses inflicted by Riau forest fires reach Rp20 trillion 414 views
- Indonesia legislators travel abroad on businessman`s money, court told 293 views
- Palembang immigration to serve international Al-Qur`an recitation competition participants 264 views
- Coalition of Indonesian women file petition to reject indirect elections 186 views
- Coalition of Indonesian women file petition to reject indirect elections 57 minutes ago
- Palembang immigration to serve international Al-Qur`an recitation competition participants 2 hours ago
- Indonesia legislators travel abroad on businessman`s money, court told 2 hours ago
- Material losses inflicted by Riau forest fires reach Rp20 trillion 11 hours ago
- PDIP congratulates Prabowo as Gerindra Party chairman 21st September 2014
- Prabowo elected Gerindra Party chairman 21st September 2014
- Yudhoyono receives key to city of Lisbon 20th September 2014
- Government accused of being too generous in giving parole 20th September 2014