Lemhannas suggests gubernatorial indirect election13th September 2014The Indonesia National Resilience Institute (Lemhannas) has suggested that only governors should be elected by regional legislators, whereas district heads and mayors should continue to be directly elected by the public. ...
Council authorizes religion to decide on interfaith marriage12th September 2014The Central Council of Religions (MATP) has agreed to give the authority to each religion to decide regulations on matters regarding marriages, including interfaith marriages. "We have agreed to fully leave the authority ...
PPP Party chairman sacks 15 party officials12th September 2014Chairman of the United Development Party (PPP) executive board Suryadharma Ali has dismissed 15 executive board members from their positions, while some of them have also been removed as party members. "In line with the ...
Monorail train to connect three terminals in Soetta airport12th September 2014Plans are being developed for a monorail train system to connect the terminals at Soekarno-Hatta (Soetta) International Airport, Cengkareng, on the outskirts of Jakarta. "Sang Dara is a monorail train that will connect ...
Myanmar interested in buying Indonesian-made defense products12th September 2014The Myanmarese government has expressed interest in buying Indonesian-made defense products. Myanmars deputy home affairs minister Brigadier General Kyow Kyow Tin said, "The question now is the price," at a meeting with ...
KPK questions Rida Mulyana in Wacik case12th September 2014The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on Friday had questioned the new and renewable energy director general Rida Mulyana as a witness in the alleged corruption case of energy and mineral resources minister Jero Wacik. ...
Presidential staff clarifies rumor about receiving money from Jero Wacik12th September 2014Presidential staff for Political Communication Affairs Daniel Sparringga denies a rumor that he was a consultant and had received money from the Energy and Mineral resources Minister Jero Wacik who is recently being named as ...
Sukabumi put under emergency alert status for drought12th September 2014The Sukabumi district disaster mitigation agency has categorised the drought affecting several parts of the district as an emergency alert status calamity. "The alert status will last from September 8 to December 8," head ...
Tony Blair visits Jakarta`s Al-Azhar high school11th September 2014Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Thursday visited Al-Azhar 1 Senior High School, South Jakarta, to have a discussion with some students and teachers in a Tony Blair Foundations Face to Faith Program. Tony Blair, ...
KPK questions energy minister`s special staff11th September 2014The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on Thursday questioned I Ketut Wiryadinata, special staff member of Jero Wacik, energy and mineral resources minister, who has been named a suspect in an alleged extortion case. ...
- Indonesia asks China to accept three commodities 693 views
- MUI demands drop of judicial review of interfaith marriage law 597 views
- President Yudhoyono departs for Portugal 596 views
- Yudhoyono to meet Portuguese president, prime minister 500 views
- JK assures integrity of ministers in next cabinet 484 views
- Religious affairs ministry will not change name: Kalla 454 views
- Indonesia, Portugal agree to jointly help Timor Leste development 451 views
- Agency deploys nine choppers to fight forest fires 438 views
- Indonesia, Portugal agree to jointly help Timor Leste development 12 hours ago
- PDIP declares itself as government supporting party 12 hours ago
- South Sumatra declares emergency haze alert 13 hours ago
- PAN remains part of Red-and-White coaltion 13 hours ago
- Police order investigation into forest fires 16 hours ago
- Yudhoyono to meet Portuguese president, prime minister 21 hours ago
- Indonesia asks China to accept three commodities 19th September 2014
- MUI demands drop of judicial review of interfaith marriage law 18th September 2014