Indonesian, Indian artistes perform Ramayana ballet
18th March 2017 | 18.360 Views
Jakarta, Mar 14 (Antara) - An Indonesian artiste group from the Balinese Community in New South Wales, Australia, and a number of Indian artistes have performed a Ramayana ballet - "The Lord of the Rings" in Prince Alfred Square, Parramatta, Western Sydney, on the main Lenox Stage on Sunday (Mar 12).
The ballet was performed at Parramasala Festival, according to H. Dimara, Social and Cultural Affairs Function at the Indonesian Consulate General in Sydney, in a statement received by Antara here on Tuesday.
"Parramasala is a regular art and cultural festival, which is held every year since 2010," he noted.
Dimara explained that the festival which used to be held in Oct was moved to March 10-12, because of the Multicultural March.
"The Balinese Community of New South Wales has been participating in the event since the last three years," he noted.
The ballet will be performed alternately by the Balinese and Indian artists, displaying famous figures in the story of Ramayana, including Rama, Sita, Lakshmana, Hanuman, and Rahwana.
The collaborative Ballet has a very epic conclusion with a meeting of the Rama of Bali and Shinta of India. "The performance was very remarkable, beyond expectations of the audience," Dimara stated.
The ballet was accompanied by Indian music alternating with Balinese traditional music of gamelan and Balinese exotic dances of Kecak.
Parramasala attracts around 30 thousand people, of which over 70 percent are from countries other than Australia. More than 30 nationalities and cultures have been represented by the festival.
Western Sydney is home to Australias most culturally diverse population, and is an ideal area to host an event which brings together so many cultures in a positive, inclusive, and friendly atmosphere.
*** 4 *** (T.KR-LWA/INE)
EDITED BY INE
(T.KR-LWA/B/KR-BSR/A014) 14-03-2017 21:47:54
- Indonesian Film Festival to be held again in Bahrain 26th April 2017
- Tom Hanks jokes Twitter CEO inspired his character in "the circle" 25th April 2017
- Indonesian students to promote E. Java`s culture in China 25th April 2017
- Merak, Kecak dances successfully draw public attention in Morocco 25th April 2017
- Indonesian, Indian artistes perform Ramayana ballet 18th March 2017
- UWRF 2017 to be launched under the theme Origin 16th February 2017
- "La La Land" wins BAFTA`s best film award to continue hot streak 13th February 2017
- Gere faults Trump for blurring meaning of "refugee & terrorist" 12th February 2017