Efforts to find Sukhoi crash victims continue
Wed, May 16 2012 19:31 | 1140 Views
Bogor, West Java (ANTARA News) - Indonesian rescue teams are still searching and evacuating the bodies of the Sukhoi Superjet 100 crash victims in Bogor, West Java.
Vice Marshal Daryatmo. (ANTARA/Widodo S. Jusuf)
"There is no deadline for the effort."
"Efforts to find and evacuate bodies of the victims, by teams from the TNI (military), the police, and volunteers are still continuing," the chief of the National Search and Rescue Agency, Vice Marshal Daryatmo, told newsmen on Wednesday.
"The team found the cockpit voice recorder (CVR) on Tuesday night. The finding, however, would not lessen efforts to find and evacuate other victims," he said.
"There is no deadline for the effort and we have also instructed the teams to focus on their humanitarian mission," Daryatmo added.
More than 30 bags of body remains have so far been evacuated from the scene.
The Russian plane with 45 people on board - eight Russians, 35 Indonesians, one Frenchman, and one American - was on a demonstration flight when it crashed into Mount Salak on Wednesday (May 9) afternoon.
Editor: Priyambodo RH
COPYRIGHT © 2012