President Yudhoyono sees off Olympic contingent
Mon, July 16 2012 17:54 | 1928 Views
Jakarta (ANTARA News) - President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono saw off the country`s contingent to the 30th Olympic Games in Londong on Monday with a hope it would win gold medals.
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono with First Lady Hj. Ani Yudhoyono and Minister Andi Malarangeng (right side) saw off the country`s contingent to the 30th Olympic Games in Londong on Monday. (ANTARA/Presetyo Utomo)
"So, we hope this time out athletes would be able to maintain the achievement."
"We have so far always won gold, silver or bronze medals from every Olympic Games that we participated in. So, we hope this time out athletes would be able to maintain the achievement," he said,
President Yudhoyono hoped his wish would not become a burden for the athletes and would remain focussed and do their best.
He asked them not to be afraid of meeting athletes from other countries. "As human beings they must also have shortcomings and superiorities," he said.
Indonesia sends 21 athletes to participate in the Games scheduled to be held from July 28 to August 12. They are scheduled to depart in three batches on July 12, 16 and 23.
Indonesia sent 24 athletes to the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008 and won one gold, one silver and three bronze medals.
The Indonesian government has pledged up to Rp1 billion in rewards for athletes who won medals in the London Olympic Games.
Editor: Priyambodo RH
COPYRIGHT © 2012