Geely Launches KC Concept at the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show
SHANGHAI, April 22, 2013 (ANTARA/PRNewswire) -- At 2013 Shanghai Auto Show Geely continued to push its range of market leading technologies and internationally applauded car models with new model updates and the launch of a new concept model that showcases Geely's advanced research and design capabilities.
The KC concept is a fastback based sedan with its total length reaching 4690mm and a wheelbase of 2880mm. The exterior design borrows heavily from classical Chinese history points, from the front observers will note the strong shoulder lines that flow over the front wheel arch to give a sense of speed and elegance whilst the wide stance gives a feeling of strength and confidence in the vehicle. The KC makes use of daylight running lights to further enhance the strong lines, the headlights and grill combine to form a unified graphic which gives the impression of distinctive stone bridges which feature heavily in classical Chinese art. The fog lamps also take design cues from classical Chinese art, with them being similar in style to Chinese ornamentation to give a functional and aesthetic appeal.
The interior continues to reflect on traditional Chinese artwork with its refined and elegant dashboard that are intersected by the instrument panel, arching the style of a traditional stone bridge. The instrument panel, steering wheel and door arm rests merge into one as if there were a curling book page giving a light and airy atmosphere in the cabin with the central console arching back into the rear passenger area. The seating area radiates an elegant, relaxing mood whilst floating on bridge like supports whilst the material again looks back to traditional Chinese styling with asymmetric overlapping folds. Geely's design team have looked towards luxury materials such as jade, fine red wood and ambient lighting to increase the sense of interior quality, with overly contrasting warm-white and traditional dark red Chinese elements to create a dignified atmosphere in both the front and rear of the concept model to give a clean and clear interior appearance.
The KC Concept is a product of the the first joint project by Geely's recently appointed Vice President of Design Mr. Peter Horbury and Design Director Mr. Ken Ma, both designers are veterans of the global automotive industry and will continue to work together to develop world class cars for the Geely brands.
SOURCE Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
- Latest clinical research confirms that IQOS reduces smoker exposure to select harmful chemicals as compared to cigarette smoke 5 hours ago
- Polyplastics releases contents about materials to help your innovation 8 hours ago
- Export Development Canada sets up new and first financing branch in Singapore, forecasting billions in new loans for Asia, ASEAN and Oceania companies 10 hours ago
- MICHAEL KORS ACCESS expands with new smartwatches, new apps, new faces and new markets 23rd March 2017
- New Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise phones redefine user experience for business communications 23rd March 2017
- JNTO launches "Japan Incentives" website in 4 languages to showcase Japan's appeal as MICE destination 23rd March 2017
- Share happiness! Pocky announces the number of happiness shared on the first ever global Pocky day "SMILE COUNTER campaign" 22nd March 2017
- Le Cordon Bleu Japan launches Japanese Cuisine Diploma, commences recruitment for 2017 autumn term 22nd March 2017