Geely Launches KC Concept at the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show
SHANGHAI, April 22, 2013 (ANTARA/PRNewswire) -- At 2013 Shanghai Auto Show Geely continued to push its range of market leading technologies and internationally applauded car models with new model updates and the launch of a new concept model that showcases Geely's advanced research and design capabilities.
The KC concept is a fastback based sedan with its total length reaching 4690mm and a wheelbase of 2880mm. The exterior design borrows heavily from classical Chinese history points, from the front observers will note the strong shoulder lines that flow over the front wheel arch to give a sense of speed and elegance whilst the wide stance gives a feeling of strength and confidence in the vehicle. The KC makes use of daylight running lights to further enhance the strong lines, the headlights and grill combine to form a unified graphic which gives the impression of distinctive stone bridges which feature heavily in classical Chinese art. The fog lamps also take design cues from classical Chinese art, with them being similar in style to Chinese ornamentation to give a functional and aesthetic appeal.
The interior continues to reflect on traditional Chinese artwork with its refined and elegant dashboard that are intersected by the instrument panel, arching the style of a traditional stone bridge. The instrument panel, steering wheel and door arm rests merge into one as if there were a curling book page giving a light and airy atmosphere in the cabin with the central console arching back into the rear passenger area. The seating area radiates an elegant, relaxing mood whilst floating on bridge like supports whilst the material again looks back to traditional Chinese styling with asymmetric overlapping folds. Geely's design team have looked towards luxury materials such as jade, fine red wood and ambient lighting to increase the sense of interior quality, with overly contrasting warm-white and traditional dark red Chinese elements to create a dignified atmosphere in both the front and rear of the concept model to give a clean and clear interior appearance.
The KC Concept is a product of the the first joint project by Geely's recently appointed Vice President of Design Mr. Peter Horbury and Design Director Mr. Ken Ma, both designers are veterans of the global automotive industry and will continue to work together to develop world class cars for the Geely brands.
SOURCE Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
- Baby-face can come true via face lift in Korea 23rd June 2016
- 23rd June 2016
- Toshiba launches the industry's leading-class low on-resistance small-size N-Channel MOSFETs for load switches in LED driver applications 23rd June 2016
- Michael Kors announces new lifestyle partnership with McLaren-Honda 23rd June 2016
- Wirecard and Verifone partner to bring complementary payment services and solutions to fast-growing Indonesian market 22nd June 2016
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo holds the 36th "Summer Festival of Arita/Imari Porcelains," celebrating 400th anniversary of Japanese traditional art 22nd June 2016
- ASEAN Character Award 2016 open for applications 21st June 2016
- IPG Mediabrands launches “The D100” 21st June 2016