Geely Launches KC Concept at the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show
SHANGHAI, April 22, 2013 (ANTARA/PRNewswire) -- At 2013 Shanghai Auto Show Geely continued to push its range of market leading technologies and internationally applauded car models with new model updates and the launch of a new concept model that showcases Geely's advanced research and design capabilities.
The KC concept is a fastback based sedan with its total length reaching 4690mm and a wheelbase of 2880mm. The exterior design borrows heavily from classical Chinese history points, from the front observers will note the strong shoulder lines that flow over the front wheel arch to give a sense of speed and elegance whilst the wide stance gives a feeling of strength and confidence in the vehicle. The KC makes use of daylight running lights to further enhance the strong lines, the headlights and grill combine to form a unified graphic which gives the impression of distinctive stone bridges which feature heavily in classical Chinese art. The fog lamps also take design cues from classical Chinese art, with them being similar in style to Chinese ornamentation to give a functional and aesthetic appeal.
The interior continues to reflect on traditional Chinese artwork with its refined and elegant dashboard that are intersected by the instrument panel, arching the style of a traditional stone bridge. The instrument panel, steering wheel and door arm rests merge into one as if there were a curling book page giving a light and airy atmosphere in the cabin with the central console arching back into the rear passenger area. The seating area radiates an elegant, relaxing mood whilst floating on bridge like supports whilst the material again looks back to traditional Chinese styling with asymmetric overlapping folds. Geely's design team have looked towards luxury materials such as jade, fine red wood and ambient lighting to increase the sense of interior quality, with overly contrasting warm-white and traditional dark red Chinese elements to create a dignified atmosphere in both the front and rear of the concept model to give a clean and clear interior appearance.
The KC Concept is a product of the the first joint project by Geely's recently appointed Vice President of Design Mr. Peter Horbury and Design Director Mr. Ken Ma, both designers are veterans of the global automotive industry and will continue to work together to develop world class cars for the Geely brands.
SOURCE Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
- AG&P introduces virtual LNG pipeline to meet demand for cleaner, more efficient power 22nd July 2016
- Joy Global announces agreement to be acquired by Komatsu in $3.7 billion all-cash transaction 21st July 2016
- Range International to list on ASX following successful IPO 21st July 2016
- South Korea plastic surgery for the safest rhinoplasty 21st July 2016
- Geniee Inc. announces notice of a capital increase through third-party allocation and transfer of outstanding shares 21st July 2016
- UnionPay International accelerates the localization of its overseas business--UnionPay cards are gaining popularity among overseas customers 20th July 2016
- Toshiba launches photorelays in DIP8 packages with industry-leading 5A drive current 19th July 2016
- C.H. Robinson voted #1 3PL by Inbound Logistics readers for sixth year 19th July 2016