Geely Launches KC Concept at the 2013 Shanghai Auto Show
SHANGHAI, April 22, 2013 (ANTARA/PRNewswire) -- At 2013 Shanghai Auto Show Geely continued to push its range of market leading technologies and internationally applauded car models with new model updates and the launch of a new concept model that showcases Geely's advanced research and design capabilities.
The KC concept is a fastback based sedan with its total length reaching 4690mm and a wheelbase of 2880mm. The exterior design borrows heavily from classical Chinese history points, from the front observers will note the strong shoulder lines that flow over the front wheel arch to give a sense of speed and elegance whilst the wide stance gives a feeling of strength and confidence in the vehicle. The KC makes use of daylight running lights to further enhance the strong lines, the headlights and grill combine to form a unified graphic which gives the impression of distinctive stone bridges which feature heavily in classical Chinese art. The fog lamps also take design cues from classical Chinese art, with them being similar in style to Chinese ornamentation to give a functional and aesthetic appeal.
The interior continues to reflect on traditional Chinese artwork with its refined and elegant dashboard that are intersected by the instrument panel, arching the style of a traditional stone bridge. The instrument panel, steering wheel and door arm rests merge into one as if there were a curling book page giving a light and airy atmosphere in the cabin with the central console arching back into the rear passenger area. The seating area radiates an elegant, relaxing mood whilst floating on bridge like supports whilst the material again looks back to traditional Chinese styling with asymmetric overlapping folds. Geely's design team have looked towards luxury materials such as jade, fine red wood and ambient lighting to increase the sense of interior quality, with overly contrasting warm-white and traditional dark red Chinese elements to create a dignified atmosphere in both the front and rear of the concept model to give a clean and clear interior appearance.
The KC Concept is a product of the the first joint project by Geely's recently appointed Vice President of Design Mr. Peter Horbury and Design Director Mr. Ken Ma, both designers are veterans of the global automotive industry and will continue to work together to develop world class cars for the Geely brands.
SOURCE Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
- Coty Inc. Completes Acquisition of Bourjois Cosmetics Brand from CHANEL 1 hour ago
- Numerous Visitors Come to Wuyuan, China to Enjoy the Beauty of Canola Flowers In Bloom 31st March 2015
- Cachet Hotel Group And Drai's Announce Formation Of Joint Venture Nightlife Company 31st March 2015
- World's Largest and Fully-Integrated Healthcare Exhibition “tHIS 2015” to Break Attendance Records This May 31st March 2015
- The 117th Canton Fair - "New Reward Program Offers Buyers an Extra Incentive to Attend" 30th March 2015
- Senegal, The Philippines, And Uruguay Make Major Strides Towards Universal Access To Reproductive Health 30th March 2015
- Toshiba to Supply Four Power Generators and Equipment for Hydroelectric Plant in Myanmar 30th March 2015
- JA Solar PV Modules Pass TUV Double Standard Class 6 Salt Mist Corrosion Test 30th March 2015