2013 Sail Komodo's Yacht Rally Inaugurated
Minggu, 4 Agustus 2013 14:22 WIB | 2.316 Views
Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, August 4, 2013 (ANTARA) -- In an effort to develop the regional tourism, the Yacht Rally event is very important as it is in line with the MP3EI concept (Master Plan for the Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Development) for Corridor V, spanning of Bali, West Nusa Tenggara and East Nusa Tenggara. The Yacht Rally event as the highlight of the 2013 Sail Komodo was inaugurated by the Coordinating Minister for People Welfare H.R. Agung Laksono, which also serves as the Chairman of the Steering Committee of 2013 Sail Komodo, accompanied by the Minister of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, the Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy, the Minister of Communications, the Minister for Housing, and the Governor of East Nusa Tenggara in Koapan Beach, Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara on August 4.
The Coordinating Minister for People Welfare, in his speech, said that 2013 Sail Komodo is a reflection of the development of the maritime affairs, as well as the tourism sector in accordance with one of the Sail Komodo's goals, which is promoting East Nusa Tenggara as a major destination of world tourism and establishing the sailing route of the cruise ship and yacht to the Indonesian waters. Therefore, the Rally Yacht event clearly becomes the core of the 2013 Sail Komodo, and cements Kupang as the south gate entry point of the Indonesian waters.
On the same occasion, the Minister of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, Sharif C. Sutardjo, added that 2013 Sail Komodo is expected to be able to set East Nusa Tenggara Province as a national and international tourist destination, making it as The Best Sailing Passage given the region's huge potential. In addition, through Sail Komodo 2013, the potential of marine and fisheries in East Nusa Tenggara Province sees a great opportunity to be the main source of people's livelihood and the sustainable regional development.
Currently, the number of participants yacht rally that has entered Indonesian waters already reached 106 yachts coming from 26 countries. 87 yachts entered through Kupang, while the rest went through Saumlaki, Sangihe, and Tarakan. It's obviuosly clear that the yachters consider East Nusa Tenggara the area that is worth a visit for its diversed and unique tourism potential. This year's Yacht Rally is officially organized by three operators; Sail Indonesia, Back to Down Under Rally and Darwin Ambon Yacht Race. In three to four months ahead, the yachters are welcome to visit 21 districts/cities and enjoy the exotic nature of East Nusa Tenggara in order to provide an immediate impact to the economic growth of communities living in the local areas.
To date, there are more than 100 yachts from various countries that have already signed up, and is predicted to continue to grow. The Yacht Rally participants will go through four entrances; Saumlaki, West Southeast Maluku regency; Sangihe, North Sulawesi; Tarakan, East Kalimantan Province; and Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara Province. "There are several points that become our concerns; the readiness of the anchoring locations; the readiness of customs, immigration, quarantine, port officials; the readiness of infrastructure and festivities in the destination areas; and the readiness of flag off event in Kupang," Sharif explained.
The National committee will partner with three operators to facilitate the yachters from around the world to sail for 3-4 months in the Indonesian waters and to invite 21 districts/cities in Indonesia. This activity is expected to have a direct impact on the Indonesian coastal and marine tourism.
As the top event, the Yacht Rally operators will showcase all of participants' yachts in the Sailing Pass event on September 14, 2013 in Labuan Bajo, West Manggarai, East Nusa Tenggara, which will also be attended by the President of Republic of Indonesia.
- QTRAX announces the ARTIST MANIFESTO and creation of the ARTIST TRUST. Fundamentally changing the way songwriters and artists get paid 3 hours ago
- Henkel Puts National Football League's "Big Game" Spotlight on Adhesive Brand, Marking New Industry First 4 hours ago
- "RETAILTECH JAPAN" and "SECURITY SHOW" to Be Held in One of Japan's Largest Retail IT and Security Exhibitions 6 hours ago
- Garuda Presented "5-star Airline" Award for Indonesia 6 hours ago
- Chinatown ushers in an "Abundance of Joy & Prosperity" for SG50 and the Year of the Goat 6 hours ago
- With a Focus on Southeast Asian Consumers, Cross-Screen Marketing Innovator Appier Releases its Cross-Screen User Behavioral Insights in H2 2014 22 hours ago
- Biotech Crops Show Continued Growth, Benefits in 2014, Global Plantings Increase by 6 Million Hectares 28th January 2015
- New Report Highlights Top Ten Countries Fighting Back Against Stealth Global Killer, Toxic Pollution, Which Kills One in Seven People Worldwide 28th January 2015