Two New Raspberry Pi Bundles Available from RS Components Deliver Powerful Multimedia Capabilities In Ultra-low Power So
Rabu, 16 Oktober 2013 12:40 WIB | 6.795 Views
Raspberry Pi Model A and camera module combos provide ultra-low power consumption and high-quality picture resolution in a single, low-cost purchasing option
JAKARTA, Indonesia, Oct. 16, 2013 (ANTARA/PRNewswire) -- RS Components (RS), the trading brand of Electrocomponents plc (LSE:ECM), the world's leading high service distributor of electronics and maintenance products, has released two new product bundles featuring the Raspberry Pi Model A board and the Raspberry Pi camera module. The bundles offer excellent value for developers requiring a blend of ultra-low power consumption and high quality image capture, and where size and weight are important, typically in mobile applications.
The first bundle, priced at US$40 (plus local taxes and shipping/handling charges) simply combines the ultra-low power Raspberry Pi Model A with the tiny, lightweight camera module. The second bundle comes supplied with a 4GB SD card with the operating system pre-installed, and can be purchased for just US $45. Both bundles deliver savings of more than 25% on the price of the units when purchased separately.
Raspberry Pi Model A is the lower profile version of the credit card-sized board, containing 256MB RAM, a single USB port, and no Ethernet connection. The camera module, which measures just 25mm x 20mm x 9mm and weighs a little over 3g, contains a 5-megapixel CMOS sensor capable of delivering 2592 x 1944 pixel still images, while supporting 1080p at 30fps, 720p at 60fps and 640x480p at 60 or 90fps video capture. The camera module connects to the Raspberry Pi Model A via a short ribbon cable, using CSI and I2C for control.
The two bundles are available to purchase direct from RS stock for same-day dispatch.
About RS Components
RS Components and Allied Electronics are the trading brands of Electrocomponentsplc, the world's leading high service distributor of electronics and maintenance products. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 550,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 44,000 parcels a day. Our products, sourced from 2,500 leading suppliers, include electronics, automation and control, test and measurement, electrical and mechanical components.
Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange and in the last financial year ended 31 March 2013 had revenues of £1.24bn.
For more information, please visit the website at http://www.rs-components.com/.
Tan Soo Chun
Public Relations Manager - Asia Pacific
Edelman Public Relations (Singapore)
Telephone: +65- 6347-2355
Edelman Public Relations (China)
Public Relations Manager
Further information is available via these links:
Twitter: @RSElectronics; @alliedelec; @designsparkRS
RS Components on Linkedin
RS Components on Weibo
SOURCE RS Components
- Air China to Launch Beijing-Montreal Flights in Cooperation with Air Canada 7 hours ago
- Female and Teens in Asia Interact More with Ads on Large-screen Tablets 7 hours ago
- NTT Communications Survey Revealed Client Considerations When Selecting Data Center Service Provider 8 hours ago
- Zebra Technologies: Wireless LAN, the Glue to Seamless IoT Connectivity 9 hours ago
- Asia Golf Congress Set to Debut in Shenzhen in October 13 hours ago
- BroadcastAsia2015: The Road Ahead for OTT 14 hours ago
- 10th Edition of IMDEX Asia Changes the Game for the Maritime Defence Industry 14 hours ago
- Bunker Roy, Acclaimed Founder of Barefoot College, to Address the 14th Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility in Bangkok 14 hours ago
- Ten Teachers from Indonesia Inspired to Join Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy 741 views
- 4ipnet Launches the EAP705, a Universal Wall-plate 11ac Wireless Access Point for an Optimal Hotel Wi-Fi Experience 501 views
- ivi Launches First-of-its-Kind Personalized TV Deeply Integrated in VOD Service 370 views
- Female and Teens in Asia Interact More with Ads on Large-screen Tablets 329 views
- NTT Communications Survey Revealed Client Considerations When Selecting Data Center Service Provider 323 views